In teaching, the aim is to prepare future architects and civil engineers for the challenges of digitization and sustainability. The teaching of the subject is based on teaching digital methods in construction with all technical and disciplinary aspects. Integrated into digital models, engineering calculations and simulations of central performance aspects such as energy efficiency and life cycle analysis for sustainability are conveyed. This includes methodological knowledge and application competence in the following fields:
• Digital modeling, parametric and semantic models, BIM
• Engineering analysis and simulation
• Systems engineering and optimization
• Methods of AI, ML and other data analysis processes
• Knowledge of appropriate software tools
This knowledge and these skills are deepened as support in building design through project-based application. Graduates should be able to work in design and planning with digital data, models, methods and tools and, on this basis, develop model-based, sustainable solutions for the built environment across disciplines.